Tuesday 29 December 2009

Tuesday Teaser and Trivia



Over the next couple of days check back for my round-up of reading in 2009 -both my favourite books of the year and the best published during the year- and following that there may even be a review or two to start of 2010. Once I return to London at the weekend I should be blogging regularly and proficiently again.

A few Christmases ago my boyfriend bought me the Book Lovers Edition of Trivial Pursuit and I thought I could virtually play with my fellow book lovers, or at least ask you a weekly literary question. So here goes (if you win then please treat yourself to a slice of pie/cake/pizza/delete where appropriate)...

From the Classics section:

What novel by D.H. Lawrence finds Gudrun and Ursula Brangwen from The Rainbow all grown up?


Quote a couple of spoiler-free sentences from the book you’re reading to tempt others.

"And somewhere she would find the key to the cupboard. If there was a secret, maybe it was supposed to be discovered like this, only after Shirley was gone"
From The Tin-Kin by Eleanor Thom p. 32



7 comments:

Astrid (Mrs.B) said...

I know the answer. Who can forget a name like Gudrun.

Katrina said...

I want that game! Great teaser.

You can check out mine here

Unknown said...

I believe that would be 'Women in Love', a dense and confusing book that I once opened 50 pages further on than I'd actually got to and was none the wiser for about half an hour...

Anonymous said...

I am hankering after your Trivial Pursuit, but I don't think I have anyone to play with around me.

I read 'Women in Love' years ago when I was going through a D.H. Lawrence phase.

Anonymous said...

Ask the D.H. Lawrence fanatic! Women in Looooooove! (with fewer o's)

StuckInABook said...

AH, Women in Love, is it not? I've read The Rainbow, but had no particular desire to revisit the characters...

Paperback Reader said...

Mrs. B. Gudrun is a vile name, isn't it?!

Katrina, it's so muvh fun!

Tony, ha! I can well believe it; not one of my favourite books and probably why I'm not a huge DH Lawrence fan.

Sakura, hence why I'm playing with you all!

I had to read Women in Love for Uni.

Lena, I love your enthusiasm! I don't hugely enjoy Lawrence myself.

Simon, I haven't read The Rainbow but have read Women in Love! Like you, I have no desire to read further (or preliminarily) about the characters.