All of these 10 books already have a place on my bookshelves, all are ones that I have been desperate to read, and all are -coincidentally- on the Guardian's 1000 Books You Must Read [Before You Die]. I am hoping to read a few of these before year's end and the remainder next year as I have waited too long... besides, you never know, I may be hit by a bus.
My bucket list:
1. Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
2. The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
3. Blindness by Jose Saramago
4. Ada or Ador by Vladimir Nabokov
5. At Swim-Two-Birds by Flann O'Brien
6. The Pursuit of Love and Love in a Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford (in one volume!)
7. Shame by Salman Rushdie
8. Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
9. The Vagabond by Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette
10. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
A decent choice of books to read before I kick the bucket, do you think?