To launch Persephone Reading Week, Verity and I have each composed a quiz for you to complete. My quiz will be open until Friday 5pm GMT and please email me your answers, all of which can be found on the Persephone Books website. The prize I am offering is the stunning Persephone Classics edition of Someone at a Distance by Dorothy Whipple, a wonderfully raw evocation of infidelity. In the event of a tie, I will use a random number generator to determine the winner.
1. In the grey edition of Someone at a Distance, who designed the fabric that is used as the end-paper?
2. Which year was Persephone author, Monica Dickens, the great granddaughter of Charles Dickens, born?
3. Could you tell me which Persephone titles the endpapers to the left come from?
4. List please the three forthcoming titles for Persephone's catalogue this October.
5. Which famous literary husband and wife both feature in the Persephone catalogue?
6. The artwork to the right is by Ann Doughty and depicts 58 Doughty Street, Bloomsbury, a flat that Winifred Holtby shared with which other writer?
7. The beautiful artist's impression of the Persephone shop and office in Bloomsbury is by David Gentleman. At what number on Lamb's Conduit Street is the shop situated?
8. A famous Virago author (recently reviewed on this blog) has a cousin who is published by Persephone; can you tell me who that cousin is?
9. At the present time, how many Dorothy Whipple titles do Persephone publish?
10. The Islington House below, painted by David Gentlemen also, is the setting for which Persephone novel?