Here are the answers to my Persephone Quiz and the result.
1. In the grey edition of Someone at a Distance, who designed the fabric that is used as the end-paper? Ashley Havinden
2. Which year was Persephone author, Monica Dickens, the great granddaughter of Charles Dickens, born? 1915
3. Could you tell me which Persephone titles the endpapers to the left come from?
The Were Sisters
The Young Pretenders
Hostages to Fortune
4. List please the three forthcoming titles for Persephone's catalogue this October.
To Bed With Grand Music, High Wages, A New System of Domestic Cookery by a Lady
5. Which famous literary husband and wife both feature in the Persephone catalogue? Virginia and Leonard Woolf
6. The artwork to the right is by Ann Doughty and depicts 58 Doughty Street, Bloomsbury, a flat that Winifred Holtby shared with which other writer? Vera Brittain
7. The beautiful artist's impression of the Persephone shop and office in Bloomsbury is by David Gentleman. At what number on Lamb's Conduit Street is the shop situated? 59
8. A famous Virago author (recently reviewed on this blog) has a cousin who is published by Persephone; can you tell me who that cousin is? Katherine Mansfield (cousin of Elizabeth von Arnim)
9. At the present time, how many Dorothy Whipple titles do Persephone publish? 5
10. The Islington House below, painted by David Gentlemen also, is the setting for which Persephone novel? The Victorian-longue
Thank you to everyone who completed the quiz; you all did extraordinarily well and I used a Random Number Generator to select the prize-winner of the Persphone Classics edition of Someone at a Distance by Dorothy Whipple to...
Congratulations, Darlene! Please email me your address and I'll pop this in the post to you next week.