Wednesday 5 August 2009

Guest Post


I have written a guest post for Verity's Virago Venture on the beautiful covers of Angela Carter's The Magic Toyshop, which Verity read and reviewed this week. Please read it (I had great fun writing it and there are lovely covers photographed) and support Verity in her personal reading challenge, which is something I highly admire as the Virago Modern Classics list is a LONG one with close to 550 books on it. I wish Verity success and look forward to future collaborations, especially Persephone Reading Week.

7 comments:

verity said...

Thanks Claire!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Done!

Paperback Reader said...

You're welcome, Verity.

Thanks, Carl!

Anonymous said...

That's the cover that convinced me to buy the book, and I'll be starting it tomorrow. Can't wait :)

Paperback Reader said...

It's such a fantastic cover. Looking forward to your thoughts once you've read it, anothercookie.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Who is the artist of that cover, claire?

Paperback Reader said...

Sorry Carl, I replied to you on Verity's blog but should have mentioned here too. The cover art is by Roxanna Bikadoroff and I'm going to write a post about her work and a couple of other artists who have done work for modern Virago covers over the next couple of days.

In the meantime here is her website of illustrations:

http://roxannamundi.ca/