Tuesday 5 January 2010

Tuesday Teaser and Trivia



A few Christmases ago my boyfriend bought me the Book Lovers Edition of Trivial Pursuit and I thought I could virtually play with my fellow book lovers, or at least ask you a weekly literary question. So here goes (if you win then please treat yourself to a slice of pie/cake/pizza/delete where appropriate)...

From the Beloved Children's Books section:

What book begins when a compassionate elephant in the jungle of Nool hears "a small noise"?


Quote a couple of spoiler-free sentences from the book you’re reading to tempt others.

"Popularly they are known as 'Fuck-me bracelets'. It is a mark of a girl's daring to fashion such a bracelet for herself from the aqua seal of a Coca-Cola bottle neck, for whoever breaks the bracelet, however accidentally, thereby enters into a contract with the wearer."
From The Rehearsal by Eleanor Catton p. 50



Both Kim from Chapter Chit Chat and Kals from At Pemberley awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you!

I appreciate my readers and am so grateful that you think I have something original to say about books. In the coming months I have big plans for my blog and I hope you will all help me in ensuring it becomes even lovelier!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Aw, Horton Hears a Who! I love Horton Hears a Who - though I think it is mildly unfair that it's the Horton book that gets all the attention. I kinda prefer Horton Hatches an Egg - an elephant's faithful, one hundred percent!

Jackie (Farm Lane Books) said...

I have no idea who Horton is - am I missing out?!

I'm intrigued by your big plans. I look forward to finding out all out them.

claire said...

I also love Horton Hears a Who! Like Jenny, though, I also much prefer Horton Hatches the Egg. :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh you tease with your big plans... what are they I am as intrigued as Jackie is.

Paperback Reader said...

Jenny, I haven't read Horton Hatches an Egg although I did buy it for a child in my life recently. I must read it!

Jackie, Horton is a Dr Seuss character :). Perhaps you could read it to the boys? It's suitable for children 3-4+ I think.

My main plan probably isn't that big in the greater scheme of things but I'm looking forward to it and have mentioned it in past.

Claire, I definitely must read Horton Hatched the Egg! I actually really enjoyed the Jim Carey voiced adaptation.

Simon, you will probably be disappointed but I am very excited! All shall be revealed this month.

Marie Cloutier said...

there's a BOOK LOVER'S EDITION of trivial pursuit?! MUST BUY!

Jeane said...

Here's another blog award for you!

Paperback Reader said...

Marie, there is indeed ;). Buy, buy, Buy - I'm an enabler!

Jeane, thank you!